The UNSW Raiders are pleased to announce Shane Dixon as there 2018 Offensive Line Coach. Shane has recently moved to Sydney from Canberra where he spent 20 years of playing and coaching in the ACT Gridiron League.
There are two kinds of football attitudes – The ‘win at all cost no matter how you treat people and disrespect to all other teams’ or the ‘we play football to have some fun playing the sport we love and when we win its awesome’. I’ve played under coaches with both those kinds of attitudes and although they were both successful and won championships, believe me when I say that winning at all costs gives a hollow feeling of victory. Losing the first half of the season and fighting back with determination and trust in your team gave me a better sense of accomplishment and pride than any other coach I’ve played for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to win but football is often more than the ‘W’. It’s the guy next to you that you rely on. It’s the doing your part to help the greater good of the team. It’s the being part of a family that really makes this a great game to play in and guys to coach for. When I moved up to Sydney from Canberra, the Raiders welcomed me in and I’m happy to sit at their family table.
- Kambah Kestrels – 1995-1998
- Erindale Titans – 2003
- Junior Astros – 2004-2007
- Tuggeranong Tornadoes (Womens) – 2012
- Gungahlin Wildcats (Womens) – 2014
- Gungahlin Wildcats – 2016
- Gridiron Australia – Level One Gridiron Coach
- Erindale Titans (College) – 1991
- Canberra Sabretooths – 1992-1994
- Tidbinbilla Space Cadets – 1993-1994
- Canberra Tigers – 1995-2000
- ACT Astros – 2001-2006
- Tuggeranong Tornadoes – 2006-2012
- ACT State Representative – 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2003