This weekend all of our teams were hosted by UTS Gators at Neptune Park, Revesby.
Our UNSW Raiders Women kicked off the day at 1pm. Our defense held strong and the ladies were leading 22-0 at the half time break. Our ladies dominated the match with 4 touchdowns.
Running Back #3 Liana Hogarth was on fire scoring three touchdowns with the 4th touchdown being scored by #43 Renae Hahn. The UNSW Raiders women continue their winning form remaining undefeated and sit at the top of the 2016 Gridiron NSW League ladder.
FINAL SCORE: UNSW Raiders 30 UTS 0
Next up our UNSW Raiders Colts took to the field kicking off against an experienced UTS at 3pm. The defense in the first half kept the undefeated UTS scoreless. Our young Raiders fought so hard and the pressure on but in the end the experience of UTS come through and our boys were defeated 20-12.
- Touchdown pass thrown by QB #3 Arfan Yari to #6 Takunda Jokwiro
- Touchdown pass thrown by QB #3 Arfan Yari to #1 Paul Kitiona
FINAL SCORE: UTS 20 UNSW Raiders 12
Our UNSW Raiders Men took the field at 6pm and kicked off a dramatic, intense and somewhat controversial game against rivals UTS. It was a hard fought 1st half which had the Raiders leading the grudge match 3 – 0 with a field goal by #33 Aaron McEvoy. The 2nd half was full of more action and drama however our men prevailed scoring another field goal and 3 touchdowns. Kicker #33 Aaron McEvoy was on fire kicking the 2 field goals and then 3/3 PAT however having the one PAT waived as unsuccessful. The Raiders men have had an awesome start to their season and remain undefeated with a 3-0 record.
- Touchdown pass thrown by QB #2 Damon Manns to #81 Ben Raglione
- Touchdown – #99 Christian Gaitau
- Touchdown – #5 Marquis Dansby
- 2 Field Goals – #33 Aaron McEvoy
FINAL SCORE: UNSW Raiders 26 UTS 8
GRIDIRON NSW WEEKEND RESULTS (ROUND 4)
- UNSW Raiders 26 def UTS Gators 8
- Central Coast Sharks 28 def Wollongong Mustangs 14
- Sutherland Seahawks 54 def Nepean Ducks 46
- West Sydney Pirates 54 def Newcastle Cobras 13
- Sydney University 13 def North Western Predators 8
- BYE – North Sydney Rebels
- UNSW Raiders 30 def UTS Gridiron 0
- BYE – North Western Phoenix and Newcastle Cobras
- UTS Gridiron 20 def UNSW Raiders 12
- Sydney University Cubs 28 def Northwestern Giants 0
- Sutherland Seahawks 44 def Nepean Ducks 6
- Wollongong Mustangs 21 def Central Coast Sharks 0(forfeit)
- BYE – North Sydney Rebels and West Sydney Pirates
UNSW RAIDERS GAMES FOR NEXT WEEKEND (Round 5)
This coming weekend the UNSW Raiders will be hosted by the Newcastle Cobras at Walters Park, Creek Reserve Road, Speers Point (Newcastle). Our game schedule for Saturday 1 October is as follows:
- 1pm – Women v Newcastle Cobras
- 6pm – Men v Newcastle Cobras
- Colts – BYE
WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS – Make sure you look out for our weekly highlights reel which will be posted on Facebook page on Tuesday morning.