- This competition is for players aged from 15 to 19 years.
- Players cannot turn 20 in the calendar year.
- David Phillips Sports Complex, Banks Avenue, Daceyville
- All Training is on Tuesday and Thursday Nights from 6.00pm to 7.30pm
- Tuesday 7 June 2016 at 6.00pm
- Pre-season Training: June – August
- Regular Season: September – December
- Playoffs: December
- Cost: $330.00 – includes use of game day uniform, raiders t-shirt, training jersey and a choice of Baseball Cap, Snap Back Cap or beanie
- GNSW Insurance Fees are additional. For Insurance please go to: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/gridironnsw/registration/
To register please go to: http://www.raidersgridiron.com/registration/team-registration/colts-registration-2/
The NCAA specifies that all players must wear the following mandatory equipment:
- Shoulder Pads
- Girdle with Lower Pads (7 piece set – 2 x Hip, 1 x Tailbone, 2 x Thighs, 2 x Knees)
- Football Boots/Cleats (NO metal studs – gridiron is played on both grass and astroturf)
- Mouthguard (must NOT be clear)
All players must supply their own equipment to play for the UNSW Raiders.
For assistance with purchasing equipment please visit: http://www.raidersgridiron.com/shop/players-equipment/
- Games will be played on Friday evenings and Saturdays. More information will be available once we have the draw.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Gridiron is not like any other sport you may have played before, and it is important new players understand what is expected of them.
Players are expected to:
- Attend and be active at team practice. Starting positions and game time are dependent on a players willingness to learn and their ability to execute their unique assignments.
- Learn, memorize and confidently execute plays from an Offensive or Defensive playbook.
- Gridiron is a game where strategy and timing are key; therefore you must know your assignment and understand everyone else’s, in order to better function as a team.