This competition is for players aged from 15 to 19 years.
Players cannot turn 20 in the calendar year.
- David Phillips Sports Complex, Banks Avenue, Daceyville (GOOGLE MAP)
- All Training is on Monday and Wednesday Nights from 7.30pm to 9.00pm (training time may be changed closer to season)
- Monday June 3rd 2019 at 7.30pm
- Pre-season Training: June – August
- Regular Season: September – December
- Playoffs: December
ACTIVE KIDS PROGRAM
The Active kids program is an initiative by the NSW Government to help kids get active in any sport, fitness or active recreation activities. The program started from January 2018 and allows any school age child to be eligible for $100 refund on season fees. For more information, go to our Active Kids page: here
The NCAA specifies that all players must wear the following mandatory equipment:
The UNSW will supply the following equipment for the colts:
- Shoulder Pads
- Girdle with Lower Pads (7 piece set – 2 x Hip, 1 x Tailbone, 2 x Thighs, 2 x Knees)
You must supply your own equipment:
- Football Boots/Cleats (NO metal studs – gridiron is played on both grass and astroturf)
- Mouthguard (must NOT be clear)
- Groin protector
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Gridiron is not like any other sport you may have played before, and it is important new players understand what is expected of them.
Players are expected to:
- Attend and be active at team practice. Starting positions and game time are dependent on a players willingness to learn and their ability to execute their unique assignments.
- Learn, memorize and confidently execute plays from an Offensive or Defensive playbook.
- Gridiron is a game where strategy and timing are key; therefore you must know your assignment and understand everyone else’s, in order to better function as a team.