After the 9 week regular season game the final games of the year will be played as follows:
- #1 vs #2 for the Bowl Trophy
- #3 vs #4 for the Bronze medal
Each age group will be playing for a Memorial Bowl and we are honored to have special guests with us on the evening to make these presentations. The Bowls are as follows:
- 10 and under age group will play for the STEPHEN JONES MEMORIAL BOWL – The Raiders are the oldest team in Australia and were formed in 1979 by Stephen Jones. Steve was a Gridiron fanatic and started Gridiron in Australia even before regular competitions were introduced. He pioneered the Raiders by convincing his work mates and friends to play. Sadly Stephen passed away in 1984 in a car accident – he was 24. The trophy and medals will be presented by Stephen’s mum, Yvonne Jones and his brother current Raider Darryl Jones.
- 12 and under age group will play for the FRED AND MELBA BURSON MEMORIAL BOWL – Fred and Melba were the first people to import gridiron equipment into NSW. Their passion and commitment as one of the main factors in the development of the sport in NSW and they will both always have a place in the hearts of the NSW football family. Melba passed away in 2002 at the age of 71 and Fred only recently passed away in 2014 at the age of 85. The trophy and medals will be presented by Fred and Melba’s granddaughter Bethany O’Shea.
- 14 and under age group will play for the JIM MINOGUE MEMORIAL BOWL – Former Raiders Gridiron Club player Jim Minogue played for the Raiders from 1984 until 1992 and represented Australia in 2001. Jim played on the Offensive Line and he loved the game. He moved to Queensland and finished his career playing with the Gold Coast Stingrays Gridiron. In 2007 Jim lost his life to Skin Cancer at the young age of 44. The trophy and medals will be presented by Jim Minogues relatives Brendan and Paul Minogue and UNSW Raiders President – Blake Cochran.
THE GAME DAY SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
10 AND UNDER – STEPHEN JONES MEMORIAL BOWL – 6.30pm
- Championship Game: Giants vs Bulls
- Bronze Medal Game: Jets vs Dragons
12 AND UNDER – FRED AND MELBA BURSON MEMORIAL BOWL – 7.30pm
- Championship Game: Hawks vs Bolts
- Bronze Medal Game: Ravens vs Cobras
14 AND UNDER – JIM MINOGUE MEMORIAL BOWL – 8.30pm
- Championship Game: Grizzlies vs Cheetahs
- Bronze Medal Game: Bears vs Spartans
The Championship Game will be played on the Field 1 and the Bronze medal game on the Field 2. All players will be presented with the appropriate medallions at the conclusion of each of the age group matches. We look forward to seeing everyone for this very exciting evening.