The Raiders are the oldest team in Australia and were formed in 1979.
- This competition is for ages 18 and over
- David Phillips Sports Complex, Banks Avenue, Daceyville (GOOGLE MAP)
- All Training is on Monday and Wednesay Nights from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (pre-season)
- Tuesday and Thursday Nights from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (during season)
- Pre-season Training: June – August
- Regular Season: August – December
- Playoffs: December
The NCAA specifies that all players must wear the following mandatory equipment:
- Shoulder Pads
- Lower Pads (7 piece set – 2xHip, 1xTailbone, 2xThighs, 2xKnees)
- Football Boots/Cleats (nometal studs. also gridiron is played on both grass and astroturf)
- Mouthguard (mustnot be clear)
All players must supply their own equipment to play for the Raiders. Equipment rental is no longer an option. Equipment can be purchased directly from the Raiders or we can point you in the right direction for buying your own.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Be comfortable with full contact football
- All players must provide their own equipment (helmet, shoulder pads, lower pads, boots, mouthguard)
- Be able to commit to fees involved – GNSW insurance + UNSW Raiders registration fee
- Gridiron is not like any other sport you may have played before, and it is important new players understand what is expected of them.
- Attend and be active at team practice.
- Starting positions and game time are dependent on a players willingness to learn and their ability to execute their unique assignments.
- Learn, memorize and confidently execute plays from an Offensive or Defensive playbook.
- Gridiron is a game where strategy and timing are key; therefore you must know your assignment and understand everyone else’s, in order to better function as a team.