ROUND 10 REVIEW
This weekend the UNSW Raiders travelled to Robert Ziems Park in Corrimal to be hosted by the Wollongong Mustangs and Brumbies.
First up for the UNSW Raiders were our colts who kicked off against the Wollongong Brumbies at 1pm. The colts did well in the 1st half scoring 2 Touchdowns however went into the half time break down 26-14. In the 2nd half boys played hard and came back into the match. Scorers for the afternoon were #1 Paul Kitiona and #20 Jahvia Peters who both scored 2 Touchdowns each. There is a dispute over the Final Score. Gridiron NSW has registered the game as a win for the Brumbies 28-26 however after the film was reviewed over the weekend we believe the game was drawn at 26-26. The standings have been updated as per the recorded loss however the result is currently being contesting and we will keep you updated. FINAL SCORE – DISPUTED
Next, our Men kicked off against the Wollongong Mustangs at 6pm. The mens team was a little lighter than usual with a number of players either unavailable or injured. They played hard and the offense started well with the team going into the half time break leading the Mustangs 21-7, the 3rd quarter saw the men increase their lead to 35 – 14. The Mustangs tried to fight back with one more touchdown in the 4th quarter however it was too little to late with the Raiders finishing the strongly to give them the win.
1st Half touchdown to: #7 Lamar Dansby – rushing, Touchdown pass by #3 Lukas Vojnar to #84 Amir Yasaman and #3 Lukas Vojnar – rushing.
2nd half Touchdowns to: Touchdown pass by #3 Lukas Vojnar to #47 Mitchell Stevens, #36 Christian Gaitau – rushing, #3 Lukas Vojnar -rushing, #48 Ben Thornton – pick six and #33 Aaron McEvoy had a good night kicking 6/7.
The results from the weekend give the Raiders a season record of 8-1 and places them in 2nd place on the GNSW league ladder with the final regular season round next week! FINAL SCORE: UNSW Raiders 48 def Wollongong Mustangs 20
GRIDIRON NSW ROUND 10 RESULTS
- Sydney University Lions 51 def West Sydney Pirates 42
- UNSW Raiders 48 def Wollongong Mustangs 20
- Northern Sydney Rebels 35 def Central Coast Sharks 13
- NorthWestern Predators 26 def Nepean Ducks 0
- Sutherland Seahawks 10 def UTS Gators 0
- BYE – Newcastle Cobras
- West Sydney Pirates 16 def Sydney University Cubs 0
- UNSW Raiders 26 draw with Wollongong Brumbies 26
- Northern Sydney Rebels 21 def Central Coast Sharks 0 (forfeited game)
- Nepean Ducks 19 def NorthWestern Giants 0
- Sutherland Seahawks 28 def UTS Gators 20
- UTS Gators 20 def NorthWestern Phoenix 0
- BYE – UNSW Raiders and Newcastle Cobras
UNSW RAIDERS GAMES FOR NEXT WEEKEND (ROUND 11)
This coming Saturday is Round 11 and the final round for the Gridiron NSW regular season. It is also the UNSW Raiders final home game for 2016 so we hope to a massive crowd to support our teams. Our game schedule for Saturday 12 November 2016 is as follows:
- 11.00am – Women v NorthWestern Phoenix
- 1.00pm – Colts v West Sydney Pirates
- 6.00pm – Men v West Sydney Pirates
LEAGUE LADDERS – These are updated weekly and can be found to the right of this post.
WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS – Make sure you look out for our weekly highlights reel which will be posted on Facebook page on Tuesday morning.